It’s been said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Choose a healthy breakfast can get your day started on the track, setting you up for a day of healthy eating and steady energy!
To make sure that your breakfast is giving you what you need, it is a good idea to make sure it includes both enough protein and healthy fat. Below you will find some breakfast recipes that are not only delicious, but healthy as well!
The 3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes topped with Fried Apples would make a lovely start to your day. The simple ingredients make it a wholesome option that is complete with protein and healthy fat.
The oatmeal topped with fruit is both pleasing to the eye and the taste buds. Since the recipe includes protein and fat, it will boost your energy and sustain you until lunch.
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- 1 Banana
- 2 Eggs
- Coconut oil, or butter for cooking (optional)
- Mash, mix, or blend banana and eggs together to make a batter.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add 2 tablespoons of batter to the hot oil, it should sizzle immediately.
- Cook for about a minute, until the bottom is golden brown.
- Now for the trickiest part of the meal, flipping the pancakes. Using a thin spatula, gently lift the pancake and flip it.
- Cook for another minute.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
You can get creative by adding extra ingredients to the batter or using a topping of your choice.
- Optional add-ins: ⅛ t baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, nuts, cocoa powder, etc.
- Optional toppings: berries, maple syrup, honey, fried apples (see recipe below), etc.
- 1 apple
- ½ T coconut oil (or butter)
- ½ T raisins
- 1 t cinnamon
- ¼ t nutmeg
- Slice the apple
- Melt the coconut or butter in a skillet
- Add sliced apples, raisins, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook until apples are tender.
- ½ c dried oatmeal
- 1 c coconut or almond milk
- 1 egg
- ½ T. coconut oil
- ½ small banana
- ¼ c blueberries
- ½ peach
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Combine oatmeal and milk in a small saucepan.
- Cook on med-low heat, stirring until oatmeal is a runny consistency.
- Turn heat down to the lowest setting before adding the egg. To do this, beat the egg in another container. Then slowly pour the egg into the saucepan while stirring quickly.
- Cook until egg is done.
- Serve in bowls, topped with fruit (and maple syrup, if desired).
For some other tasty breakfast ideas check out our egg scrambler, mexican breakfast casserole, sweet potato skillet, or plantain egg casserole recipes. What are your favorite healthy breakfast ideas? Feel free to share them with us on Facebook.