With football season in full swing, these bacon nachos make a great addition to any game day party!
You can prepare the nachos for your guests, or create a nacho bar where guests can assemble their own. (Just be sure to get a good quality bacon that is nitrate free.)
- 1 lb. bacon (good quality nitrate-free)
- ½ lb. chicken, shredded
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- ¼ c black olives, sliced
- ½ c guacamole
- ½ c salsa
- Prep the chicken in advanced. (I prefer to make a chicken dish the day before and use the leftovers for the Bacon Nachos.)
- Cut the bacon in half. Weave six slices together (Use three pieces across and three down.) Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
- Wash and chop tomato, onion, cilantro and olives.
- Make (or open) your favorite guacamole and salsa.
- Let the bacon cool enough to handle easily.
- Top the bacon with the other ingredients and enjoy!
Let us know if you have a favorite game day recipe!