- 4 Chinese Eggplants (These are the long thin ones, I try to pick ones that are thin enough to fit into the food processor easily, but you can always cut larger ones in half)
- 1 White or Yellow Onion,
- 2 Carrots
- 8 oz of white mushrooms
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 TBSP Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ½ tps ground Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 can of Coconut Milk
- 1 TBSP of Coconut Oil
- Chop the onions. Sometimes I use the food processor to shred them, you can do whichever you like.
- Add the Coconut Oil and chopped onions to a large pan over medium-high heat. Sauté for several minutes while getting the eggplant ready.
- To prepare the eggplant, cut off both end and put through the food processor with the slicing attachment. This makes quick work of “chopping” the eggplant into thin discs.
- Add the eggplant to the pan with the onions along with the minced garlic.
- For the carrots, I change the attachment to the shredder and feed them through the food processor.
- Add to the pan with the eggplant and onions.
- Slice the mushrooms by hand or use the food processor as we did with the eggplant. Add to the pan.
- Now add all of the spices and stir to combine.
- Add in the can of Coconut Milk and cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
It is now time to eat, or transport to a container to place into the fridge.
Dr. Jared Thomure