I've got an easy, yet delicious"real food" recipe for you today!
When I made my first pork tenderloin, I didn't realize there was a difference between a pork loin, and a pork tenderloin. I bought the loin and tried to use it in a tenderloin recipe. It is a much thicker cut of meat and the cook time was off. You could probably use this recipe for a pork loin, you'd just need to increase the cook time!
- Pork tenderloin
- 1 TBSP of coconut oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 2-3 Onions chopped
- 2-3 Apples chopped
- 1 TBSP Honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 TBSP Dijon Mustard (I like stone ground)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425
- Heat up Iron Skillet over stove top
- Melt cooking oil in hot skillet
- Sear each side of tenderloin for 3 minutes
- Remove tenderloin and cook apples and onions in pan for 1-2 minutes to begin to soften
- Place tenderloin on top of apples and onions, and move iron skillet to oven
- Cook for about 15 minutes (internal temperature should reach 145- I had to cook mine for an extra 2 minutes)
Slice pork and enjoy! I supplemented with some carrots and broccoli that I had already roasted a few days prior using roasted veggie recipe.