Eating healthy, whole foods is important to me. But I’m also a busy mom of two little ones who runs her own business. When I come across a resource that makes meals both easy and delicious, I get very excited!
Recently I started cooking from “Cook Once Eat All Week” by Cassy Joy Garcia. I am two weeks into the meal plans and am very impressed. The book is based off of the concept that preparing components of a meal in advance and assembling the dish the day of will give you a fresh, quick meal.
What I Love About This Book
- There are 26 weeks of meal plans. That's 6 months of delicious meals!
- All the recipes are gluten free and real food based (modifications are available for those on dairy-free, grain-free, or low-carb diets).
- Each week has a full shopping lists.
- Following the instructions on the prep day gets you ready to quickly prepare hot meals throughout the week.
The Books Nutritional Approach
- Real, nutrient-dense foods are chosen over processed, refined foods.
- Nourishing fats replace highly processed oils.
- Organic produce and quality proteins are preferred when possible.
- Balanced meals include protein, vegetables, and healthy starches.
- Eat what works best for your body!
Recipes That We Have Enjoyed
- Enchilada-Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Chicken and Broccoli Cauliflower Rice
- Spinach Artichoke Meatza
You can check out her website for many recipes if are interested in trying some out before investing in the book. I hope you are enjoying a summer full of healthy food, activities, connections, as well as meaningful times of solitude!