Looking for a yummy Valentine's Day treat??? Try making these coconut fat bombs! They are a delicious not sweet treat without all of the sugar and processed ingredients in most boxed chocolates! My sister introduced me to them years ago, and I just love them!
***This Recipe was adapted from the RESTART Cookbook by Jeni Hall, NTP
2½ c. unsweetened shredded coconut
1 t. vanilla
⅛ t. cinnamon
1 pinch of nutmeg
½ c. coconut oil (melted)
2 T. cocoa powder (optional)
Almonds, Walnuts, or other nuts of choice
- Simply blend the unsweetened shredded coconut in a food processor with the vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- When it starts to form a butter, pour in the melted coconut oil. Continue to blend until smooth!
- Pour half of the mixture into silicone mini muffin molds or heart-shaped molds.
- Mix 2 tbsp cocoa powder to the other half (if you want to make the chocolate version).
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the molds.
- If you choose, add a nut of your choice to each fat bomb for some additional crunch.
- Throw them in the fridge and they harden right up!
I hope that you will be intentional about taking care of yourself this Valentine’s Day! Whether you love the holiday or not, take some time to think about how you can show yourself some extra care. This may be something little or something big (getting a massage, curling up by the fire, making a healthy meal, spending time with a friend, etc.) Decide on a couple of things you can do to show yourself kindness and make the holiday enjoyable.